I don’t believe in new year’s resolutions.
This is like valentines day for me. I don’t need a single day a year to show my hubby that I love him. I should be doing it every day. So in the same way, I should be re-assessing and setting goals many times per year.
This year I’ve been reading more about mini-habits. I think my try might be setting up some sort of mini-habit which would help me with my bigger goals.
The gist is that you pick something that is so stupidly small, that there is no way you can’t do it. Once you do the minimum you can keep going if you want to, but if you’re having one of those days, you can stop and still have met your goal.
Candidates I’m considering:
- Posting a picture a day on the blog
- Posting a quote a day on the blog
- Posting a single story premise or idea a day on the blog
- Doing a one second plank
- Doing a single squat
- Eating an extra vegetable a day
- Drinking a glass of water each morning
What micro-habit/habit might get your goals kick started?