Ever notice how different families tend to have a different motto they lived by. It was the phrase they said when things got tough or talking about someone else having a hard time.
I grew up at the intersection of ‘It is what it is’ and ‘it could be worse’.
I never really thought about what they really meant until I had kids. I started listening to some of the phrases I said. I wondered which ones my kids would remember.
Here are the top phrases used in my household
- If it is sticky and not yours, don’t eat it.
- It’s good to want
- Would you like it if someone did <insert kid action here> to you? (example: Would you like it if someone farted in your face?)
- What happens if you guys fight over something? – Mama takes it away.
- No one wants to see your butt.
- After someone is crying about a minor injury – Should we cut it off?
What phrases or mottos do you use?